What are you curently working on?

Come here to chat with other members.
Tiffany

Noobie

Post by Tiffany »

What is are you currently working on?

I am working on some fiction, it's still in the planning stages, plotting, coming up with character profiles etc. What about you?

SalyaDarken

Site Admin

Post by SalyaDarken »

I'm writing on my let's plays and some fanfics. lol
Image Image Image

Tiffany

Noobie

Post by Tiffany »

SalyaDarken wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:20 am
I'm writing on my let's plays and some fanfics. lol
Nice, there are a few fanfictions that I want to finish eventually but they are on pause at the moment. I completed my outline, and the draft for my first two chapters, and just started the third :D

SalyaDarken

Site Admin

Post by SalyaDarken »

Tiffany wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:40 am
Nice, there are a few fanfictions that I want to finish eventually but they are on pause at the moment. I completed my outline, and the draft for my first two chapters, and just started the third :D
do tell. I love your fanfics. lol
Image Image Image

Tiffany

Noobie

Post by Tiffany »

SalyaDarken wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:01 am
Tiffany wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:40 am
do tell. I love your fanfics. lol
Thanks I just worked on this blurb for the book, the first book will be titled Fragile Magic :) This isn't in the blur but Sloan is 12 turning 13, while Zeke is 14 turning 15. I couldn't work it in without it feeling unnatural you know what I mean. Also, I just started the draft for chapter 5 :D

Sloan Scott longs for more than just the life that she has in this small town that she lives in with her overprotective parents who rarely let her leave the home. When she gets her greatest wish when she is offered a place at a magical school called Cadmus Academy. Which revealed to her that she was a caster, when she never knew she had magic before. Even though she will have to leave her parents and everything she has ever known behind, She seizes the opportunity to finally go to school and hopefully gain some friends.

Zeke Mouri is eager to return to Cadmus Academy for his third year, he is hoping that school has the answers that he is looking for in his his search for his biological father’s identity. Cadmus also has his best friends there and the chance to escape be around his family. Driven by his goals is why he is at this school.

Upon arriving at Cadmus, Sloan quickly realizes she’s out of the league by her peers, who have known about magic their whole lives. Not only that but her magic is much weaker than everyone else’s and she is struggling to keep up. Meanwhile, Zeke finds himself forcible signed up for the mentor program by his mother and half-sister as a joke and gets paired up to mentor Sloan.

Can Sloan and Zeke overcome this?

In this dual-protagonist, young adult urban fantasy. You’ll get to read the story from both Sloan and Zeke’s point of views. The novel explores themes of mentor/mentee, magic, parental issues, friendships, magical school and the beginning of Sloan and Zeke’s story.

SalyaDarken

Site Admin

Post by SalyaDarken »

oooh seems interesting. Better then what I'm writing. XD
Image Image Image

Tiffany

Noobie

Post by Tiffany »

SalyaDarken wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:48 pm
oooh seems interesting. Better then what I'm writing. XD
That's so kind of you to say <3

My plan is for the series to be 8 books, and my plan right now it for there to be 36 chapters at roughly 3000 words each, so far with chapter 4 first draft is 12,764 words so far. :)

Tiffany

Noobie

Post by Tiffany »

Update, I am on chapter 11, and 29% done with my first draft at 31,833 words completed. :) Even without being completed this is the most I've ever wrote for one project, I'm even close to beating best writing year (last year) which I written 34,818 last year. In fact, after finishing chapter 11 I would beat that tbh. My goal word count for the whole book is 108,000 and that would be my total word count from 2019-2023 (97,472). My goal is to finish my first draft in January before the next Fourth Wing book comes out so I can obsess over that lol. :P

Also, did you heard about what is going on with fanfiction.net?

SalyaDarken

Site Admin

Post by SalyaDarken »

Tiffany wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:06 am
Update, I am on chapter 11, and 29% done with my first draft at 31,833 words completed. :) Even without being completed this is the most I've ever wrote for one project, I'm even close to beating best writing year (last year) which I written 34,818 last year. In fact, after finishing chapter 11 I would beat that tbh. My goal word count for the whole book is 108,000 and that would be my total word count from 2019-2023 (97,472). My goal is to finish my first draft in January before the next Fourth Wing book comes out so I can obsess over that lol. :P

owo I wish you luck. Owo What's happening to FFN?
Image Image Image

Tiffany

Noobie

Post by Tiffany »

SalyaDarken wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:57 pm
Tiffany wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:06 am

owo I wish you luck. Owo What's happening to FFN?
I'm 52% done with the first draft right now, with 56,848 words completed, and 18 chapters down. :)

So FFN's webhost GoDaddy pulled them off the network for child abuse materials being on their network, which their twitter account blamed GoDaddy for and not their lack of moderation, and lack of staff, updates, and all that shit on their site tbh. They claimed to deleted all of that, which I highly doubt since they haven't removed many stolen fics that I reported, and many "fics" and comments that contain only bigotry and such, so I'm sure they will be pulled again by their new webhost tbh. It was a whole mess but it makes me glad to mainly use Ao3 and have downloaded all the fics I have loved already from FFN, so when it dies I have it all.

Return to “Chat”